About Me

I want to share my journey so far, my experiences as a design student and what I do and see next..

Tuesday, 25 September 2012

MANNEQUIN PHOTO SHOOT

So...exciting news, I have been asked to design, style and edit for a photo shoot. I was pretty excited the theme and concept was really cool. Something I'd definitely enjoy and did enjoy working on. The commissioned work was for a photography competition. The brief was to pick work of a well established fashion photographer and inspire from their work. Taking inspiration from their style and technique to create a totally new image without duplicating original. 


This was the creative mood board we came up with, our favourite images. We came up with the idea to create a life size mannequin to demonstrate the beauty of fashion and the power of craft with a play on role reversals. 




I came up with the idea to make a papermache garment, I thought this wear i could replicate the actually structural form of a mannequin and by using unconventional methods and materials I felt it would only enhance the final image. 
So i started by doing a test piece on a smaller mannequin to see if it kept its shape and allowed me to cut away the layered papermache dress without falling apart. 


For props to support the concept and design I made life size jewellery. I thought creating a giant broken pearl necklace and a giant measuring tape will add to the theoretical effect.  

Process of editing the final photos EXCITED!!
FINAL PHOTOS...
                         



 This is my favourite, I love the doll like effect, exactly what I wanted to achieve with this shoot. Model was absolutely perfect.


Model: Megan Cooper


MUA: KAT GLAMOUR MUA

Photographer: Sabby Kaur
Designer/Stylist/Editor: Sharan Kaur 






No comments:

Post a Comment