About Me

I want to share my journey so far, my experiences as a design student and what I do and see next..

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

COMMISSION PROJECT - GRATTAN 2012

To start my final year i was asked to take part in a project as part of my degree...

This project is part of a live brief given by the fashion catalogue "Grattan Freemans".
To celebrate 100years of Grattan fashion, students were given a era to work from.

I was given 1912... 

I had to take inspiration from the ONLY catalogue that exists from that time period. This catalogue sold jewellery and i had to create my own digital print and design shape which i then had to manufacture. It will then be featured in their fashion show which is showcasing in July, at IMAX.



                            MY SKETCHBOOK WORK
                      


Deciding on Final Print Choices...
MY FINAL DESIGN..

Today I worked on trying to figure out how to accurately print this on such a big scale and to make sure the print won't be distorted as it will be printed on over 2 metres of fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment